The Old Grocery is so named because the local census from 1871 onwards show that a local Grocer Mr Henry Stoner, his wife Charlotte and their lodger Mr Harris – the Grocer’s assistant lived at the house. Mr Stoner originated from Itchenor a small village some 6 miles from Chichester, his wife from West Dean and his Grocer assistant lodger further afield from Patching a village beyond Arundel.
The history of The Old Grocery
On your arrival The Old Grocery will be laid out with complimentary tea and cake or a cream tea as well as some local treats. There is a complimentary bottle of fizz in the fridge for stays of 5 days or more. Milk, tea, coffee and sugar are always left for your arrival.
Free wifi is included. Prepaid parking is arranged – a short walk from the house. See the section on parking. Your vehicle registration number is required before arrival so that we can register your car on the ‘MiPermit’ website used by the local council.
Explore the House
On the first floor there is the master king bedroom with a beautiful ensuite bathroom. A bunk bed room can be found a little along from here.
Up on the second floor is a further double bedroom, with an adjoining bathrooom. A travel cot and high chair can be provided upon request. Two hair dryers are provided across the main double bedrooms.
On the ground floor there is a utility space along from the kitchen with washing machine, next to this you will find a ground floor WC and shower.
There is an ensuite bathroom including a large shower cubicle and bath tub within the master bedroom and a separate bathroom with bath is located on the second floor. Overall there are 3 WCs, 2 baths and 2 showers.
The Old Grocery is fully equipped with everything you will need to cook up a feast including a spice rack, a range cooker with double oven, microwave, fridge, freezer, toaster and a Nespresso machine with complimentary capsules.
The open plan living space is perfect for entertaining allowing the family to all be together from every aspect of the room. The good sized dining table is adjacent to the small pretty courtyard garden, complete with outdoor lighting. On a summer’s day or evening you might like to open up the French windows and use the bistro table for alfresco dining.
If you decide you would rather order in it’s worth noting Chichester has Deliveroo bringing an abundance of restaurant food directly to your door.
- Fully equipped kitchen (incl. complimentary tea, coffee, sugar and a full spice rack)
- Oven and Microwave
- Nespresso machine with complimentary capsules
- 2 Luxurious king sized beds
- 1 Bunk Bed
- 2 baths , 2 showers and 3 toilets
- Dining area with small attached patio
- Wide screen Smart TV, DVD player and a good selection of DVDs/board games and books
- Beach Towels
- White Company ‘Flowers’ toiletries
- Heating that you can control
- Washing machine
- Iron, Ironing Board and Laundry rack
- Hair Dryers
- A vintage style picnic basket and portable wine cooler
- Baby/Child equipment (Inc stair gates, high chair, travel cot, safety plug covers)
- Complimentary fizz for stays of 5 days or more
- Complimentary milk, tea, sugar on arrival
- Complimentary ‘local treats’ on arrival
- We can offer a trusted local babysitter
- We will help with restaurant bookings
- We can arrange a light grocery shop, and unpack this for you if you are arriving late in the evening, please give at least 2- 3 days notice if you require this service
|2 Sept – 22 Sept||£2625 p/w|
|23 Sept – 20 Oct||£1809 p/w|
|21 Oct – 31 Oct||£1960 p/w|
|1 Nov – 22 Dec||£1330 p/w|
|23 Dec – 29 Dec||£1540 p/w|
|30 Dec – 4 Jan||£1540 p/w|
|5 Jan – 17 Feb||£1330 p/w|
|18 Feb – 1 Mar||£1400 p/w|
|2 Mar – 7 Apr||£1400 p/w|
|8 Apr – 25 Apr||£1750 p/w|
|26 Apr – 26 May||£1750 p/w|
|27 May – 6 June||£2100 p/w|
|7 June – 23 June||£2100 p/w|
|24 June – 21 July||£2625 p/w|
|22 July – 1 Sept||£2450 p/w|